Saturday, February 7, 2009

A day off.........

After working for 8 days straight I finally get tomorrow off. I put on the pajamas and I'm not taking them off all day tomorrow.




I finished John Grisham's "The Associate." Really enjoyed the book until the end. The main character is Kyle and he grew up in York, PA. That was an interesting little fact since that's close by. He's a new grad from Yale Law School and been threatened into taking a job with a top law firm in NYC. Not what he planned but he's paying the price for some misbehavior in college that has now come to light and could be the end of his career. I don't want to ruin the book for anyone. I enjoyed it right up to the last page and then I was disappointed. It could have gone one for many more chapters. Grisham doesn't do sequels so we're left hanging. It's like he had to write 373 pages and then go for groceries or something so that was it. I did find one point that he didn't do enough research on. He mentioned that Kyle went home for Thanksgiving and went hunting that morning with his Dad for "buck." Everyone knows that in PA there is no "buck" hunting until the Monday after Thanksgiving and it's like a major holiday. Schools are closed!

The next one will be "Run for Your Life" by James Patterson. With luck, I'll finish it tomorrow.

No comments: