Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow

I woke up at the ungodly hour of 4:00 am and was sad to see that there was no more snow on the ground than there was when I went to bed at 11:30. Just a dusting! I read for a while and went back to bed since I wasn't due at work until tonight. The weatherman said that at most we would see another inch or so. When I next checked we had over 6 inches on the ground and the wind was whipping the drifts around. I was all set to go out and enjoy kicking around in the white stuff when the phone rang and I was called into work. Seems half the employees decided to call out today. I live 15 miles away but managed to get there by staying on the main roads which were just wet and not snow covered at all. I'll be at work till 9:15 so there won't be any play time for me. By this weekend we will have possible 60 degree weather so the snow will be gone and I'll be sad. I've waited all winter for this!

No comments: