Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Fading miracle

I don't know what happened but I got a call today that my younger brother is "septic." Suffering from Sepsis which is a severe blood infection that is now affecting his body. They've moved him to the VA hospital and that's all I know. Our glimmer of hope is fading quickly. In his weakened condition will he be able to fight this latest attack? My older brother had a stress test yesterday and his heart is good which means that whatever he's suffering from might be coming from his brain shunt that he's had since he was in his mid 20's. If it is failing then it's major brain surgery again. The last time he had that was 30 years ago when he was healthier and younger. Oh my, both my brothers in need and here I sit. I will go to work but it's only to try to keep my mind off what is happening. Will I do my job? Yes, but probably not well. Concentration is lacking.

No comments: