Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My brother

The news came in the middle of the night that my brother lost his fight. The sepsis that ravaged his body after his valiant fight to survive won out and took him away. I haven't always seen eye to eye with this brother. He's made mistakes that have hurt himself and many others but he's my brother and I love him and will miss him. He came into our lives in a different way. His biological Mother came to live with us when she was pregnant with him. She had been married to my Mother's younger brother and they were divorced when she got pregnant with him. She already had a daughter my age. It's a very messy story and I'll just say that she stayed with us through his birth and for a while after. I was just 4 but I remember bringing him home from the hospital and standing in the back of the car starring at this tiny little baby with his little bracelet on. His Mother took him and his sister away and lived with her Father for a while until we discovered that she had Lupus and back then there was no cure and it wasn't long before she passed away. He came back to us and his sister went to other friends of his Mother. He was adopted by us and that was that. Good, bad and all. All but a year of his life he was with our family. I think back on all the silly stunts he pulled as a kid and the fact that he never got away with anything. He got caught "red handed" everytime. Goodbye, my Brother!

No comments: