Monday, June 15, 2009

Filling the hours



I finished Clive Cussler latest novel called "Medusa." It was part of his NUMA Files so it featured Kirk Austin as the main character with his sidekick Joe Zavala. They are on the hunt for a missing underwater lab that was working on a cure for a new virus that could potentially whip out a majority of the world's population. As with all of Cussler's novels the story was full of the latest in technology and then some. As usual it was a good story and a good read.

My mind has not been on much but trying to get through this time of loss. I've decided not to make the trip to Kentucky to the Memorial for my brother but instead to hold one here for him at our little country church where we were raised. Now the burden is on me to put it all together and hope that enough people show up that I'm not sitting there all alone with platters of luncheon meat waiting for others to join me in my mourning. I know there will be a handful of people at least. I put out an email to some cousins and got a favorable response so I'm hoping that they will come through for me. Now I just have to book the church and the pastor for this Saturday and order the food. I need to contact the newspaper and put another little notice in that there will now be a memorial here and not just in Kentucky. I'll need to find some pictures of him from throughout his life to put on a poster board so people can reminice and then have a copy of the most recent picture so they can comment how awful he looked at the end.

No comments: