Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Great book




I finished "The Swan Thieves" by Elizabeth Kostova. Excellent! An artist named Robert Oliver is becoming well known. He's obsessed with a face he sees in a painting. It becomes his focus on canvas and in a search for the background on the late 1800's model in the painting. The model is an artist also and her story is told throughout the novel in the form of letters. Robert's obsession leads to a mental disorder and he's eventually committed to a mental hospital. Enter Phychiatrist Andrew Marlow who is treating Robert. He becomes so focused on his patient that he too becomes a bit obsessed with trying to unravel the mysteries of the face in the painting to help Robert back from the brink.

I had my interview today. It went well and for a while I thought it seemed like it was wrapped up but then when I was leaving she said she'd let me know after all the interviews were over. No matter the decision it will be okay but it would be nice to have this new more important job. A feeling of accomplishment that I haven't felt in a long time. It will be sad to leave my current job and the people I've come to care about but to get the new job I'd have to change locations.

1 comment:

Geoff said...

so have you heard anything yet?