Saturday, April 10, 2010

Forgotten author



I almost forgot about Tawni O'Dell. She is a good author and I've read a few of her books and enjoyed them. I happened to be browsing the new releases and there she was with her new book "Fragile Beasts." Tawni always writes her novels and centers them around the coal regions of Pennsylvania. This one had a Spanish connection. A sister of a coal mine owner seeks adventure in the late 1950's in Spain where she meets a famous bull fighter. Their time together is cut short by his death but surprisingly she recues the bull and brings it back to PA. Flashforward 45 years and we're back in PA and there's a whole other storyline going on. This one involving two teenage boys and the dysfunctional household that they are existing in. Boys meet 77 year old coal miner's sister and all their lives change. Great story and I'm glad I found it.

Now I get to tear into Elizabeth Berg's new novel that just arrived yesterday!!

No comments: