Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Insomnia

Tension at work is making me get less sleep. Even on my day off I can't get rest and am up at 3:00 tossing and turning. I hate it!




I did read "Hell Gate" by Linda Fairstein. Another sequel! Didn't realize how many I read. Guess that's how they hook you and keep you coming back. Fairstein's characters are an assistant district attorney in NYC and her two cop buddies that work on Special Victims Units. This time they are working what they thought were two cases only to discover that the victims from a ship wreck carrying white slaves from the Ukraine to the US had a link to a Mexican mistress of a NYC Councilman who was found murdered. I like her books very much but I did find this one a little hard to keep all the different characters in line. Too many politicians and lawyers on the merry-go-round.

No comments: