Thursday, October 14, 2010

iPhone classic

I finished "The Count of Monte Cristo" by Alexander Dumas. I enjoyed it but it did drag at certain points. I guess when it's been translated from a different language (my son wanted to know if I read it in French, HA!) and written in the early 1800's, then it's bound to have some slow areas. Poor Edmond Dante was living a great life until he was erroneously thrown into prison. A dungeon, no less! There, after many years, he's discovered by another prisoner who has tunneled 50 feet from his cell to Edmond's. They form a great friendship and when the other prisoner dies, he leaves Edmond with the map to his treasure and also a means to escape the prison. Now he's out and rich! Revenge is utmost on his mind. 24 years it has taken Edmond to become the Count of Monte Cristo and to plan the demise of those who put him in prison for 14 years.

No comments: