Sunday, October 3, 2010

work

This new job will be the end of my sanity. Sitting here in my little secluded area in the back of the building waiting for the phone to ring so I can assist customers. Not happening! Boredom and sleepiness are taking control. I've downloaded a couple of free classics into my iPhone so that I can sneak a little reading time in. Don't think bringing in my new novel by Ken Follett would be something I could get away with. Not at almost a 1000 pages. I'm doing what I said I never do. Reading two books at once. "The Count of Monte Cristo" is the classic that I've downloaded and I'm getting into it. I read the Follett novel at lunch and at home. At this rate my next review will be next month.

Sounds like we will have a pretty good turnout at my annual cousin reunion next Sunday. We are actually having a few 3rd cousins coming. They are under a year old and will be very welcome since I'm in need of a baby fix. I'm hosting it even though it is at my daughter's house so I need to get busy and get the necessary stuff for the event. After that it's my husband's big birthday party. Not many people have responded so it may be a tiny big birthday party. I feel bad for him that a couple of his kids are not going to make it. The friends that I would have invited have passed away. He's alienated from his brother so the gang will be small.

No comments: